I'm here and I'm settled! London is absolutely wonderful. The streets are bustling and the shops are cute and plentiful! I live about a block away from the Piccadilly line on the underground and about 2 blocks away from Russell Square. I cannot get pictures onto the computer today, but I'll try to post some in the next week. Russell Square is gorgeous with a fountain in the middle and grand old trees all around it. Of course the London squirrel and pigeon population has found Russell Square too. After I arrived yesterday, I got out of my flat as quickly as possible to start exploring. I walked all over Bloomsbury, only got lost a few times, and successfully used my maps to find my way home, just like a good tourist should! I tried to find a fish n' chips place or a pub to have dinner but i ran out of energy so I just got a hot dog from the vendor outside the British Museum.
My neighborhood has many bookshops, markets, Indian restaurants, and pubs. My flat is quirky, small, but lovable. I picked the room with the balcony, although the balcony is just as dirty as the rest of the flat. I'm excited for my roommates to arrive because then we can properly commence the buddy system!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
dood. we're jealous and verymuch excited for you!
Post a Comment