Wednesday, August 22, 2007

It's time to wander and enjoy!

I ran into so many tourist attractions on my first full day in London. I walked to Trafalgar Square, mourned the construction site of St. Martins in the Field, and walked into the National Gallery, visiting many rooms in the 1800 - 1900 section. When i got too tired of standing, i found a nice bench and got out my guide book out of habit. Looking on the map I realized how close Trafalgar is to the Thames, so I made a quick decision to leave the Gallery, and walk to the Thames. I wandered down Whitehall to the Horse Guard, went through the Horse Guard Parade to St. James's Park, glimpsed Buckingham Palace through the trees at the far end of St. James's Park, saw the Centograph, then went down the Victoria Embankment to the Houses of Parliament/Big Ben where i could see Westminster Abbey a couple blocks away from me. My day went on like this, back up the Victoria Embankment where various famous and/or beautiful buildings are visible and then up the streets of Holborn (pronounced (Hoe-bun) to Bloomsbury.

All the pictures are on my photobucket site now, so this boring, list-like entry can be illuminated a bit by some visual help.

No comments: