Friday, September 14, 2007

Fieldtrips

I'm so lucky that my program director is so London-savvy. Oberlin-in-London spends their money very wisely, in my opinion. So far I've been to 3 plays - one comedy about an Indian family (Rafta Rafta), one about Joan of Arc's life (Saint Joan), and one contemporary one about an Indian mathematician (A Disappearing Number). The math one was my favo(u)rite, of course, and since I saw it I've been checking out books at the British Library on the subject.

We also went to Hampton Court, a royal palace and gardens where Henry VIII hung out
Greenwich, where Greenwich Mean Time was started with a great photo op of the prime meridian. And there's also a Royal House of sorts and a sweet market where i ate some weird nougat.
The Tower of London, which houses the Crown Jewels - very sparkely and lots of torture stories and equipment. The Chapel there has 1500 bodies buried underneath it. gross.
This weekend I'm going to Birmingham to go to a brass concert at Symphony Hall with my physics class.

No comments: